Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Alternative to Denim

It is so easy to get sick of wearing jeans everyday when it is chilly outside.  I think corduroys are one of the best ways to mix up the casual wardrobe when you have worn-out your denim.  Just about every store has caught on to the cord trend with various styles and colors.  I think every woman should have a basic pair (think black, gray, navy, brown or white) and a bright colored pair for making a statement.  I have tried on many styles in search of the best fit and my findings are below.  Be careful when drying as cords shrink even more than denim!

Ann Taylor Loft - $39.50 (my personal favorite for both the price and fit)


Gap Real Straight Cords - $54.50





















J.Crew Stretch Bootcut Cords - $79.50

For the "Pear" shaped readers, you may want to try Old Navy's Sweetheart Boot-cut Cords - $29.50

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the drying tip I'm always worried when it's time to wash my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to witness your shopping prowess in person again this weekend! (Don't worry Justin, I was the big spender; Had was more of a style consultant for my irresponsible self.) Thanks for the tips on cords--this post was my inspiration and I'm reallly excited about my $24.99 J.Crew outlet finds. :) xo

    ReplyDelete